“Because if the Flaming Lips had written an original song for
their Dark Side of the Moon live shows, this is what it might’ve sounded like.”
– Esquire Magazine
regarding Drenik’s composition, Lights, for Sons of Anarchy – Season 5 (FX).
As an artist, Drenik’s music has been critically acclaimed by Rolling Stone, Billboard, Magnet Magazine,
Classic Rock Magazine, Metal Hammer, Paste Magazine, Consequence of Sound
and many others. He’s toured the world, having shared stages with the likes of
Metric, Arctic Monkeys, Veruca Salt, The Toadies, Blue Cheer, DMBQ, Monster Magnet
and many others. His music has been featured in films, television and commercials, most
notably FX’s Sons of Anarchy (where he was a contributing composer) as well as an
appearance (Metal Heavy Lady) on Guitar Hero 3. His version of Neil Young’s “Hey Hey, My My” for
SOA has over 30 million YouTube hits.
YouTube Hits – 1,000,000+ / month Spotify Spins – 225,000+/ month
In 2015 he began building Get Loud in NE Portland with the hopes of recording more bands. He partnered with
Henry Brown and began producing out of it in 2016. So far, his client list includes Charlie Hilton (Blouse),
Acid Tongue, Battleme, The Grizzled Mighty, Ivan Howard (Rosebuds), Chief White Lightning,
Danny Dodge and many others. In the beginning of 2018 he relocated with his wife to Los Angeles, California.
As a writer, Drenik has contributed editorial pieces to Talkhouse, American Songwriter, Magnet Magazine and is currently
a contributing writer at OPB Music (Portland, OR’s NPR affiliate) where he not only writes editorial
but conducts podcast interviews on music.
As a producer, the bands he’s worked with have been featured and premiered in Nylon, Rolling Stone,
Consequence of Sound, NPR (OPB Music), Paste, Flood Magazine, Magnet and others.
Recent Highlights :
- Talkhouse publishes Drenik Op-Ed on touring in the Trump Era.
- “Lowlands” by Far Lands sync placement in HBO’s Here and Now and CSI.
- “Testament” by Battleme picked as one of the top singles of 2017 by Classic Rock Magazine.
- “Hot Mess” by Battleme sync placement in Showtime’s Shameless.
- “Beyond the One I’m Making” by Far Lands sync placement in Showtime’s Shameless.
- “City’s Alive” by Chief White Lightning featured in a Canon spot.
- Battleme’s “Cult Psychotica” gets 8/10 on Allmusic.
- “Humpty Dumpty” by Acid Tongue premiered at Nylon.
- “All With You” by Matt Vondy premiered at NPR (OPB).
- “Shake Shake” placed in EA’s UFC 2.
- “Baby Let Me Be Your Mess” by Danny Dodge premiered at Ladygunn.
COMMERCIAL WORK / SONS OF ANARCHY
Commercial work includes custom pieces for Revo Sunglasses, Sleep Number, ION 360 and more. Compositions for Sons of Anarchy including originals with Bob Thiele (music supervisor) Time, Lights, I See Through You and more in addition to covers of Neil Young’s “Hey Hey, My My” and Bob Dylan’s “Girl from the North Country”
2016 Sleep Number Olympics Ad Custom
ION 360 Launch Ad
Sons of Anarchy Season 3 Custom Work “Hey Hey, My My”
Sons of Anarchy Season 2 Custom Work “Girl From The North Country”
Project Almanac Trailer Inclusion
Activision’s Guitar Hero 3 Inclusion
Revo “Give Sight” Ad
Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Custom Work “Lights”
Fed Ex Cup
Sons of Anarchy Season 2 Custom Work “Burn This Town”
EA Sports inclusion